Monday, March 17, 2008

Waxing Sentimental

We had a great weekend. On Friday night, we had 2 of my former roommates over to our home for an evening of food and fun. On Saturday, I got to spend time catching up with some old friends at a housewarming party for a friend from UCLA. She bought a house on the OTHER side of LA and it was quite a drive to get there but was definitely worth it. As I drove through the city I kept on passing places that brought back such wonderful memories: Dodger Stadium, Griffith Park, Downtown, the list could go on and on. I am so glad that 9 years ago I chose to return to LA to attend UCLA. I can only imagine how different my life would have been had I gone to SDSU, which I seriously considered. I did not know a soul when I moved into 3554 Vinton #204 with 3 random roommates. I am grateful for the wonderful roommates and friends I made over the course of my 4 years in LA and how it was there that I met (and finally married) Mike. Anyway, all that to say that I feel grateful to know that God always takes care of us and provides us with wonderful people throughout our lives.
I am also glad that even though I live in the "burbs" now I still live close enough to visit old friends and places in LA. So if you are ever considering a move to the Los Angeles area do it, because I think it is the most wonderful place in the world. And Mike knows that one day (like in 75 years when we have saved enough money) we will move to Hancock Park so we can be right in the thick of it again.:)

2 comments:

Mari said...

I'm all about the 'burbs' of So. CA. So close, yet so far...

Helen said...

I think you are the first person i've met that actually can stand LA! I am done everytime I just drive over the hill in Simi to the valley! Although I would love to have a house from Hancock Park..but preferrably right on the beach! :)