Monday, April 23, 2007

You've come a long way BABY














It really seems like just yesterday that we welcomed home a chubby little bald baby named Blake, or Smushy as he was affectionately called for the first several months of his life.






Fast forward 2 years to Sunday when we celebrated his 2nd birthday. Mike frosted the cute basketball cake as I have absolutely no skills in that department. I now have a big boy who spends hours at a time verking in the yard with his new shovel and gloves and says many cute things (and some not so cute things). I'm still trying to get used to the fact that not only does he understand everything I say but he tries to repeat about half of it.


He got a music set for his birthday and he danced the night away shaking his little shakers and tambourine.





I'm glad he's mine.


Happy Birthday Big Boy Blake!!

10 comments:

Kate said...

Happy Birthday to Big Boy Blake! He's such a good boy. Awesome B-ball cake! How did you do that?!

Emily said...

Happy birthday to Blake. And, is that your grand piano? I'm envious!

pepper said...

What an amazing cake! Happy Birthday to Blake. Both my boys and my husband have birthdays in April. What a perfect month.

AmyJune said...

Well Emily to be honest it is not our piano. We have an old upright style that some friends are borrowing while we babysit this piano for the next couple of years. It actually belongs to my sister who is in Spain right now. Someday Mike's dream will come true and we will own a nice piano like that.

lys said...

I can't believe how big Blake is! It's amazing to me that you have a 2 year old! Happy Birthday, Blake!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Blake! It is amazing how fast they grow up and they seem to grow up even faster when suddenly they are not the baby anymore! I loved his cake.
amy
ps- i was sad to hear you called on andy's bday and I missed talking to you. hope you are doing well. sounds like julia is doing great.

lys said...

p.s. I think your cake turned out great! How about a close-up on that?

Melissa C. said...

Happy Birthday Blake! I can't believe how fast they grow! Super cute cake!

Emily said...

What a fun cake! Blake and R could have a super fun time "verking" together.

rebecca said...

Happy Birthday Blake! Wow. Time flies. Why do they keep growing???!!! Love the cake Amy.