Wednesday, November 29, 2006

50% Certified Bean Counter


Congratulations to Mike!!! He found out yesterday that he passed the second part of the California CPA exam. 2 down and 2 more to go. He takes test number 3 tomorrow and then waits a few months for the results. We will all be happy when all this studying is over. I'm so proud of him. He doesn't need the CPA license for his current job but he is doing it just to be prepared for the future. ( Unfortunately I am much more lazy than he is, as I never got the LCSW license in my field because I didn't want to study for it. Lame I know) What a great hard working motivated husband I have. Cheers to him!!!


Now, for a little treat I decided to make him a chocolate lava cake. The picture on the recipe in my magazine made it look so beautiful with luscious chocolaty goo spilling out of the miniature cakes topped with plump raspberries. Well, so it didn't exactly turn out very pretty but at least it tasted good. Why does nothing I make every look as beautiful as it does in the picture? Are they using fake food? I mean we've all heard that they use glue instead of milk to get those cereal box pictures. If they photoshop models why not every food too? Is nothing real??


6 comments:

rebecca said...

Woohoo! Congrats Mike!

Anonymous said...

Who knew that the "fun picture of you and the new dessert treat" would end up posted for the world to see. The dessert was great by the way. I have the greatest wife in the world. I'll be happy to pose for yummy dessert treat experiments anytime. Does this count as proof that I saw your blog, honey? Happy Blogging :)

Emily said...

Husbands who periodically check in at their wife's blog just to be supportive and aware are the best. Such a chore, but one universally appreciated.

lys said...

Congrats, Mike! The lava cake was well-deserved!

Suzie Petunia said...

Hooray for Mike (and Amy)! I'm very impressed with the cake. Who cares how it looks, as long as it was delicious!

Michelle Quist Mumford said...

They actually do use fake food and/or mess around with the real food - so don't feel bad. All that counts is how it tastes.