Saturday, February 19, 2011

These are Days

Motherhood is hard work. When I feel overwhelmed with the many tasks, duties and responsibilities that go into mothering young ones, one of my favorite songs often pops into my head. "These are days" by 10,000 maniacs reminds me of what I already know but sometimes forget, that these moments with my little ones are precious and to be enjoyed. They won't always stay little.


Lyrics:
These are days, you'll remember
Never before and never since, I promise
Will the whole world be as warm as this
And as you feel it, you'll know it's true
That you are blessed and lucky
It's true that you are touched by something
That will grow and bloom in you
These are days, you'll remember
When May is rushing over you
To be part of the miracles you see in every hour
You'll know it's true that you are blessed and lucky....

4 comments:

Karmy McKee said...

Great reminder:)

Laura said...

Don't I know it! My baby just turned 7! I have learned that every stage has lots of difficulties...and lots of joy. The trick is remembering the joy when the difficulties are overwhelming!

Nicole said...

From the day I got married, my MIL constantly reminds me how quickly the time flies. She reminds me to enjoy the little things and who cares if the dishes aren't done! The kids will be out of the house before I know it and plenty of time to do dishes then!
Thanks for the reminder!

rebecca said...

It is so hard to find that balance. Especially when actually, the dishes do need to be done. I struggle with that so much!

This post is a good reminder. Thanks.

Those are some cute kids there, Amy. And except for Cole bugging Nathan all of the time, they're really great kids too. :D