Monday, February 21, 2011

President's Day Fun

Unfortunately Mike had to work today but I wanted to do something with the kids to get them out of the house and to teach them a little something about our great nation. So off I went with 3 kids in tow to the Ronald Reagan Library which was hosting a President's Day Celebration. We didn't pay to go into the museum but the kids enjoying several free crafts, running around and seeing some presidents. Blake was amazed that George Washington was there.
Julia kept trying to convince us that the hats were really pirate hats NOT George Washington hats.


They had a ton of lincoln logs out for the kids to build Abe Lincoln's log house. We even got to hear a speech by President Lincoln and listen to a really loud band.


Going on an adventure by myself with these 3 always seems a little crazy but I know they enjoy it. :)
We are really very fortunate to live so close to a presidential library.
Happy President's Day

5 comments:

Emily said...

I'm sure it was a nice event because, well, all the people there were republicans. ;)

Becky M said...

I wished I'd known that you were going and I would have joined you. I have wanted to go in the past, but have never wanted to face the crowd by myself with the kiddos. Maybe next year!

Brittany said...

we might have braved it too had we known you would be there...and i am with julia on the hats-they are totally looking "piratey" to me!

Mike A said...

emily I am cracking up. You have a really good memory.

rebecca said...

Maybe next year I will have fully recovered from this event of '08 and will take my kids again. :)

Has it really been 3 years since that crazy day? By now I shouldn't be surprised by how fast the days go by. But I am.