Sunday, January 16, 2011

$1.25

At a garage sale a dollar goes a long way. I found the gem below for 25 cents and thought it had some good potential. I envisioned something kind of ruffley with gathered sleeves. I figured I had nothing to loose since my investment was only a quarter. I like how it turned out, although it still needs some sort of button to close the top. (Pretty sure that one will have to be pink to satisfy Julia)



I picked up the maryjanes for $1. I couldn't resist Gap leather shoes for one dollar. If only I could grow her whole outfit to my size.
Total cost of outfit $1.25
And I'm posting this because it's not really a bargain unless everyone knows about it. :) Happy bargain shopping everyone.

8 comments:

rebecca said...

This turned out so cute, Amy! Your refashioning skills are so inspiring. I would love to see a sewing gallery on your blog featuring pictures like these of your creations. Blogland hasn't seen Julia's Christmas dress for example. You're so talented!

Lauren said...

So cute! And I wish some of Natalie's clothes could come in my size too!

Karmy McKee said...

Wow...way to go Amy:) Looks fantabulous!

Amy said...

amy I love it. I am so impressed and really wish I could do great projects like you. You are awesome!!

Larissa said...

For those who like to photograph, here is the link from my blog

http://larissa-s-fotos.blogspot.com/

Is still new but already has lots of pictures.

Take a look, I'm waiting for you

Thanks and kisses ;P

Ashley said...

Amy I wish I had just an ounce of your talent. Julia looks adorable, I love the dress. Miss you guys!

Mommymita said...

that is a fantastic refashion! love the maryjanes too.

One good thing about a XXL Tall husband is I can actually refashion his clothes to me - but it always costs double to buy his clothes in the first place so maybe it is not such a great deal.

Lucky you get garage saling year round in CA! Post more sewing - it is so fun to see

Anonymous said...

great view of her panties but be much nicer to see hercunt