Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Birthday Cake



This year my birthday was on Thanksgiving. We celebrated a few days before at my sister's house. I have to say that I am very impressed with Mike's cake making skills. He made me the most delicious chocolate pumpkin cake complete with cream cheese frosting topped with chocolate ganache from scratch. Yes we have come a long ways since the last time my birthday fell on Thanksgiving and my dear husband didn't see the need to provide a cake since we were having so many pies. (please note that I am not a huge fan of pie) I laugh about it now but it was kind of traumatizing to me way back then as a newlywed. So if there are any newly married husbands reading this please make a mental note that your wife needs a birthday cake even if her birthday happens to fall on a major holiday. :)



We then spent several days in San Francisco at Mike's brother's home. We had a great time with family. The kids were in cousin heaven. On our way home the two older ones fell asleep within 5 minutes of getting into the car. Talk about worn out from playing.

1 comment:

lys said...

Go, Mike!! I'm so impressed! Did you know ahead of time that he was making this? Did you put in a request for the kind you wanted or did he just dream that up? I'm so impressed!

I made my own birthday "cake" and, yes, it was a pie. ;)

Next year we are doing the birthday thing together. Promise me right now!!!!