Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Crafting with kids

Can I just admit that I really do not enjoy doing crafts with my kids. There I said it. We made some Thanksgiving Indian Feather headbands the other day but soon after completing the project the feathers ended up all over the kitchen floor. Cleaning up a billion feathers is not really fun. Most projects start out fun enough but after literally 5 minutes or less, somebody is crying and there is a huge mess to clean up. If there is a craft fairy out there who likes this type of thing please come to my house once a week to do fun things with my kids.
This is the after picture.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, I love you, Amy. And Blake is an Indian Feather!

Karmy McKee said...

Amy...I love your honesty! And I love that we can take our kids to preschool together to get all of the messy craft projects done there:)

Unknown said...

Oh no! You are ruining my naive idea of how fun crafting will be with kids...don't pop my bubble! :)

Tiffany said...

i am shocked. you love doing crafts so much on your own.

AmyJune said...

Thanks for the good laugh Tiff.

Nicole said...

I love doing crafts. What I don't like is playing pretend!! Could that be more boring? Ugh! I hate when my kids want me to play act. I would rather fold the laundry. Maybe we could trade? lol