Sunday, September 26, 2010

Treasure Hunting

I love going garage sale shopping. There are few things as enjoyable as finding "treasures" and great deals. I always go with a few specific items in mind and then find many more treasures once I am there. I limit it to just a few a year and only go when it is a community wide sale. That way I can roam the block looking at all the stuff for sale. Lots of junk but lots of treasures amidst the junk.


Yesterday was a gold mine.




Cute little cabinet for my kitchen $10
Camelback hydration system $5- I almost died when I saw that gem laying beside some junk. Mike has a camelback for when we go mountain biking and I have been wanting one for a while but couldn't justify the large price tag. This looked like it was only used once or twice and it still had the instructions with the price tag on it. $70. Yup I got a $70 piece of equipment for $5. What a deal. Can't wait to go mountain biking and use it. :)



Maxi Dress $4- I used to not even bother looking at clothes for me because most garage sale adult clothes are tattered, torn, stained or very out of date. But after looking through plenty of junk I have decided that there are treasures to be found.


The list goes on but I won't bore you with more. We dumped out our change jar the night before and counted and then rolled $96 worth of quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies. I took about $30 of it with me. The rest can wait for another yard sale. There's nothing like paying someone in rolls of dimes. kind of embarrassing I admit but hey I am buying their "junk" that's one step away from the goodwill.


The majority of my Christmas shopping for my kids is done. I love how they are too young to care whether something is new or used.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Nice finds! I especially love the little cabinet for your kitchen!

Karmy McKee said...

That was so fun! Looking forward to it next year....with a wagon or stroller in tow to hold our treasures...oh yeah and bandaids for your blistery feet:)