Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Real Strait

A few weeks ago I was shopping at the Gap for a new pair of jeans. All of my pants are purchased from that store because 1)they carry good tall pants and 2)i'm a creature of habit when it comes to clothes. I own 3 pairs of jeans all "long and lean" style from the Gap. The cute little sales lady informed me when I questioned her about them that they were indeed kind of considered "mom jeans". They are flared at the bottom and yes flare is "out". Oh dear, I have now entered the group of "mom jeans" wearers. Mercy!!!!
I knew this was not a task for such a fashion reject as myself to conquer alone. I enlisted some help in the form of my 17 year old fashion conscious niece Alyssa. Today her mission was to help me find some new jeans that had 2 requirements 1)they couldn't be "mom" jeans, and 2)they couldn't make me look like I am trying to be 15. I walked out of the Gap with a new pair of "real strait" jeans (pictured below-not my body)
Mission accomplished.:)

7 comments:

Nicole said...

You bought "skinny jeans?" I'm shocked! Can't wait to see them on you! At least you're skinny enough to wear them!!

Lauren said...

Cute! I love my "skinny jeans"!

Brittany said...

Cute Amy...although I would love to be classified in the long and lean category! That is not a bad thing...the picture could have easily been you...

Karmy McKee said...

Fun!

jenedypaige said...

Yay Amy! These are my favorite too! Glad you liked them!

rebecca said...

Mom jeans wearer here. I'm in denial that flare is out. I like my jeans long and sloppy flared. I've tried skinny jeans. I can't. I just can't. Maybe I can convert to "real strait". I need to see you in your jeans. Can I go shopping with your niece? :)

pepper said...

Do you have to stand like the girl in the picture when you wear them? Maybe I will make a trip to Gap. I have a $30 gift card...