Sunday, November 29, 2009

Why did I think this might be fun????

I love how Julia refused to look at the camera in this picture. All part of the great Disneyland adventure. This year you can go to Disneyland free on your birthday. I decided that it would be fun to take advantage of this offer and bring Julia with me for a fun mommy daughter day. Since Julia is not quite 3 she was also free. Who can resist a day at Disneyland for 2 people for free. I left Cole and Blake with a friend and ventured off to Disneyland. I was looking forward to a fun exciting day with my little girl. We went to Disneyland as a family several months ago on Mike's birthday and Julia did great. What I was hoping would be a fun day turned out to be a day filled with temper tantrums (the down on the ground, kicking and screaming kind), ride issues (had a fit when she couldn't find a flower horse to sit on at the carousel), and sleeping in mommy's arms during a very long line. Poor JuJu and poor Mommy. It was almost kind of comical. I kept on wondering why I had chosen this for my birthday fun. I'm sure she was just tired and out of sorts and of course she is 2 after all. :) That being said, I sure am grateful that I have a little girl to love. I know she won't be 2 forever. I am looking forward to a lifetime of fun girl outings.




Thanks Sarah for watching my kids all day long and making me that adorable apron I am wearing in this picture.


After our very LONG day at Disneyland we all headed down to my Mom's house for some Thanksgiving fun. We had a great time with my family. Blake even went ice skating for the first time and was such a good sport every time he fell down.

My kids were the littlest cousins there and were greatly spoiled by all their big cousins. Thanks cousins!! Julia especially loved "hanging out" with her teenage girl cousins.

And yes I got a SERGER for my birthday. :))) Thanks honey!


Mike and Chad really felt sorry for the scarecrow.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

You left out the fact that the night before you ( and I ) had the worst nights sleep leaving you sleep deprived for a day at Disneyland with such a fun ( sense my sarcasm)companion. You're such a trooper and a fabulous mommy. Thanks for leaving your cute boys with me. Brooklyn and I both enjoyed them.:0) Congrats on getting your surger !

rebecca said...

Yay! A serger!

Good times at Disneyland. You'll always have the memories. At least it was free. :)

Brittany said...

Yeah for the serger...now the question is what are you going to make?

Nicole said...

Oh Amy! I knew how much you were looking forward to the day! Aaahhh!! Well, at least you have a great attitude and find the good in things. Sarah is awesome for watching the boys. I miss you Sarah!!!! Can't wait to see your new creations with your birthday gift. Happy Birthday!