Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Lard + Lots of hands + corn husks = tamale fun



I LOVE LOVE LOVE tamales. This year I hosted my 3rd annual tamale party and we had a ton of fun making lots and lots of tamales. A big thanks to my Mom who came early in the day and helped me make all the fillings. She also kept me from making the fillings too hot. ( I really like SPICY food, but I know that most people don't like things as spicy as me so Mom helped me restrain myself.)


And I must say that every year I am amazed that I actually buy lard for this event. The idea of lard has always sicked me out but I know that the tamales wouldn't turn out half as yummy without it. So until next Christmas, good bye lard.

And I must add how much I LOVE my kitchen for the long island down the middle-perfect for tamale assembling.

9 comments:

Lauren said...

How fun! I remember making tamales with you at my house in San Diego before my parents left. They were so yummy! Maybe I'll get to catch your tamale party next year...

Jill said...

Sorry I couldn't make it. There was a virus running amok in my home.

amy stansel said...

looks like fun. I love tamales! Yummmm!!

Helen said...

Thanks for an awesome tamale party. I really enjoyed it, and LOVED the tamales. I can't believe the lard part though--I'm hoping i'll forget about it before next year! ;)

Becky M said...

Thanks for a great, fun, yummy night!

Nicole said...

I'm so sad I missed it! Looks like another great turnout! What a fun tradition you've started!

rebecca said...

Thanks for a fun night, Amy! See you next year.

Kate said...

Awesome tradition, Amy! They were SO yummy! You're such a gracious hostess.

Laura said...

Another great Tamale Party! Thanks for hosting!
Chad enjoyed them too...looking forward to next year.