Monday, December 22, 2008

From trash to treasure

2 Sundays ago, Julia wore her Christmas dress from last year. It was about 5 inches too short and barely zipped up her back, but at least she was festive. Being the procrastinator that I am, I decided on Saturday that she really did need a new Christmas dress for this year. I started digging through my fabric stash and came across a small remnant of green corduroy fabric that my older sister had given me. I'm glad she didn't just trash it as it became Julia's new Christmas dress. (after a frustrating hour or so trying to rearrange my pattern to make it all fit on the tiny piece of material) Gotta love FREE stuff!!

And speaking of trash, my new new sofas are here and we put our old ones out on the curb for someone else to pick up and enjoy. Someone took one, but we still have one left before garbage day tomorrow. I am very embarrassed that I have a couch in front of my house. But alas, our dryer broke on Saturday so not only do I have a couch in front of my house, I also have a dryer as well. NICE!!! We're "those neighbors" that I'm sure everyone hates. Sorry neighbors. It will all be gone tomorrow.
And here is a picture of one of our new couches with the child that actually smiles. (Trying to get Julia to smile is, well, a little difficult)


8 comments:

lys said...

Congrats on the new couches, Aim!

Julia, I love the leggings. Very hot.

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

Ummm... looks like we have twin couches! And we are "those" kind of neighbors too - luckily people pick them up fast!

Laura said...

Wondered if you guys were just extending your hospitality to the sidewalk, providing seating for the passing jogger. :D Congrats on the new couches!

Lisa said...

Great job on the dress and nice couches!
We wanted to put our broken TV out to the trash but they won't take it. We have to pay by the pound to recycle it. So it's in the basement...

Suzie Petunia said...

Great couch! And I am so in awe of your sewing skilz. Seriously, you are awesome. Love you! Merry Christmas!

Ashley said...

Love the new couches! I hope you all had a Merry Christmas! Have fun in Mexico.

Nicole said...

I'm glad they arrived... FINALLY! Worth the wait!

Kate said...

Great look on the new couches! Happy for you! We'll have to come over and have a sit to try them out soon.