Saturday, October 18, 2008

Missing Michigan

For 5 years of my life my family lived in Michigan. One of the best things about Michigan is the Fall. I loved trips to the local cider mill for fresh cider made from Michigan apples, warm yummy donuts, and decadent fudge!!!!! I loved the beautiful array of colors from the many many trees. I loved crunching the fallen leaves as I ran many a cross country race on scenic courses. I loved the chill in the air.
Thanks Michigan for teaching this California girl that seasons are a real thing. Sometimes I forget, since summer seems eternal this year. Please note the temp inside my home below THIS WEEK!!! Enough of summer. Give me some good Michigan cool weather. But not too cold:)
And I hope all the Michiganders reading this enjoy a nice glass of apple cider soon!!!

7 comments:

amy stansel said...

yeah amy although I don't think I could ever complain about the great california weather i do LOVE all the seasons - especially fall!! We will drink some apple cider for you! Cheers!

Amy O said...

Funny--I was just talking to my brother who is at the U of Michigan and he said the trendy thing to do for group dates is visit a cider mill. He highly recommended the activity.
This will be our 3rd "winter" in CA and I really am still enjoying the eternal summer concept. Especially when my mom is complaining about the UT snow and I'm at the park!

rebecca said...

I'm with Amy O. I love fall for all the crunchy leaf reasons you mentioned, but I'll take the sun over the snow any day. :)

Becky M said...

I didn't realized how much I loved fall until I spent 5 years in Wisconsin. I truly miss it now and wish I could see some color!

Mari said...

Amen, amen and amen! MI beats CA for fall any day of the week in my book.

Nicole said...

I'm a CA girl through and through, but do know that I'm missing out of some great beauty in other parts. My sis-in-law just sent pics of Fall in Iowa, and it's just amazing! The colors are unreal! Although, I still wouldn't trade living here. You'll be happy here when hard winter hits everywhere else!

Helen said...

I hear ya! I used to live in Michigan as well, and the four seasons are so beautiful. Something I miss!