Wednesday, October 29, 2008

How could I love her more?

May I present for discussion our little Julia Jean. (I think she looks a lot like me as a baby in this picture)
We had breakfast for dinner tonight and obviously the whipped cream was so good that she had to lick it off her plate. Aren't we doing a good job teaching eating etiquette?
I heard her, but I couldn't find her for a few minutes. Julia decided she wanted to be one of the toys in her toy closet.
This was taken after we discovered that Julia had so thoughtfully unrolled an entire roll of toilet paper. Julia will be 2 in a few months. My little baby is not such a baby anymore. She is into everything and my house is in constant tornado/natural disaster mode due to her. But oh how I love her. Growing up all I ever wanted was a little sister. I was surrounded by way too many brothers and my 2 sisters were both out of the house by the time I was 7. I never got a sister. I did get wonderful nieces to love and great friends. A lot of people see me as being the type of person to want only boys since I am not really a girly girl. I don't really like wearing makeup, I hate princess stuff, I can't do hair and I will never put a garter belt bow thingy in my baby's hair. But oh how I love being a mother to a little girl. There is just something magical about having a daughter. So although I never got a little sister, I got something even better, my very own baby girl to love, cherish and hold. I must kiss and hug her a million times a day. (it also happens to be working in my favor that she is still pretty much bald. I'll try to learn some hair skills soon)

17 comments:

rebecca said...

You could not.

I know! Girls are so fun. And even though the pre-two and two (and into three) year old stage is really busy and tornado-y, I LOVE it! They are just so funny and naughty and cute. I'm glad you're enjoying her.

Jill said...

Don't worry, Olivia never wore baby garters on her head either and she survived.

Suzie Petunia said...

If put together in the same room, I bet Julia and Alice could tear the place apart in 2 minutes flat. :) But I totally know what you mean about lovin' your little girl. I just can't get enough of Alice. Ok, maybe I AM ready to put her in bed by 6:30 some nights. But I always look forward to her big smile when I go to get her out of her crib in the morning.

Suzie Petunia said...

And much to my dismay, Alice refuses to wear the baby-garter-headband thing. Always has. She just tears them right off. But I wish she would! There is just enough girly-ness in me to want her to wear cute matching bows and flowers. But she can't even keep a simple hair clip in for 2 seconds. I try to distract her, but she always finds it. Its like a 6th sense for her. :)

Helen said...

Aw, you just made me more excited to have a little girl!

Melissa C. said...

There really is something special about having a daughter!

amy stansel said...

she is so cute!!! I love her looking like a little baby doll in the toy closet!!

Jen O. said...

I was lucky, I had an older brother and sister, and a younger brother and sister - the best of both worlds. You're so lucky to have one of each and another one on the way. You're a great mom!

Mommymita said...

Little girls are funny! Especially those who can see beyond princesses. Mine have caused more trouble than all the boys combined but it makes for some great blogging.

I'm with you on the hair - I was halfway through Maryanna's first haircut when I realized I gave her a boy haircut. Now it is growing out and is worn as wild as her personality

Ashley said...

We love Julia! She's so cute. I can't believe how fast she is growing--two already! We are looking forward to seeing you guys!

Jenni said...

I totally agree, there is just something about girls. Love you post.

Kate said...

She's a beautiful girl, with a gorgeous face. Who needs hair when you're that fab? I love to see that you're enjoying her so much. I knew you would.

Nicole said...

She's so cute. I feel your joy in loving your little girl. It's the best! Can't wait to see what you're having next. At least you know you already have one of each. Lucky. Did you reschedule? lol

Mari said...

So fun--my five year old saw the shelf picture and said, "Is that a REAL baby?" Good times.

lys said...

Such a sweet post. Maybe someday I'll have a girl. ;)

lys said...

Oh, and I will do those garter things. You can bet on it.

Tiffany said...

Julia is going to be 2?! How did I miss that? I think you are lying and she is turning one because there is no way time has flown by that fast.