Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Too Much of a Good Thing????



Yesterday we made the 13 hour trek back home after visiting Mike's family in Monticello (more on the trip later)for the past week. Thank goodness for the new portable DVD player we got for the trip. I think Blake watched "Cars" about 5 times. Both kids were actually pretty good. A whole day watching movies and treats galore...Blake was in heaven for the most part. He also managed to swallow about 10 pieces of gum. Should I be worried about this????????
p.s. Orbit Mint Mojito-not so good

5 comments:

Amy said...

yeah thank goodness for those dvd players!!! i was always told that gum stays in you for 7 years....true?!?!?!? I'm not sure!!! but i'm sure he'll be fine!!!

Suzie Petunia said...

Why 7 years? I've always heard that, too. In fact, I just passed along that bit of folklore to my 6-year-old the other day as he was threatening to swallow the gum I had given him.

Mojito is yummy!... please pass the gum. Glad you're home safe and sound.

Emily said...

It's definitely not too much of a good thing if it keeps him occupied for 13 hours in a car!

Melissa C. said...

I googled "swallow gum" and found this and this. So pretty much the whole 7 year thing is an old wives tale!

Nicole said...

Gotta love a road trip with two young children! DVD player is definitely the way to go. Their brains can't go to mush in that amount of time, right?