Saturday, August 18, 2007

Our Trip


Last week we went to Monticello (pop 1,800, alt. 7,000 ft-that made for fun runs) for a family reunion with Mike's family. We did some fun things, some scary things, went to the county fair and rodeo, and spent a lot of quality time with his family. The above picture is one of the most scary things I've ever done. Repelling down a 180 ft rock. I thought I was going to wet my pants when I stepped over the edge of that monster.
I was extremely fascinated by the above quilt at the County Fair. The lady took all of her scraps over the years and made them into these cool flowers. I wish I had "skills" like that.
Oh the animals we saw at the fair. Mike got to reminisce about his days raising sheep for the county fair. Blake got to know his cousins on Mike's side. Good times for them. That picture was taken at Mesa Verde, CO Native American Indian dwellings ruins....does that make sense.
Grandpa and JuJu at Grandpa's new "ranch house" that he and Grandma built. I love that man. I'm so glad he's my grandpa-in-law.







6 comments:

Kelly(M&M) said...

I love your rappelling pictures. You rock! (Ha ha, no pun intended...sorry I am lame late at night...) Looks like you had a good time. Hey, I just realized I need to find a running partner when I go to CA. Do you mind if I email you?

Emily said...

Looks like you had fun.. rappelling is a lot of fun but I know I couldn't do 180ft!!

AmyJune said...

M&M- email me. my email address is; ajstansel@yahoo.com
where in CA are you going?

Kelly(M&M) said...

I will definitely email you. I will be in Redondo Beach the first weekend and then I will be up in the San Bernardino mountains after that. Kristie always told me about her runner friend that reminds her of me and of course I have heard a lot about you from Sarah, so I would love to meet up with you!

Suzie Petunia said...

Oh, my friend is meeting my friend! What a happy thing. :)

Your adventures look fun!

lys said...

You are so brave, Aim! I never would have made it down that rock. Jason would have had to climb up to rescue me.