Sunday, June 10, 2007

Saturday Adventures


After reading all the hype about Pinkberry Mike and I decided we needed to try it and see for ourselves if it really was that good. We were already down in West LA yesterday so after a great lunch at one of our favorite little places, we hopped over to Pinkberry in West Hollywood. I was under the impression that this was the only shop they had but much to my happy surprise later learned that there are several others, including one right by Mom's house. It really IS THAT GOOD. They have been targeted lately for advertising their product as "frozen yogurt" when they apparently don't meet the state's requirements for "frozen yogurt". Anyway, I don't really care for yogurt and I find frozen yogurt kind of a boring treat that looses its flavor after the first bite but this was good, really good. It is tart and I love tart things. So good. So good in fact that we had to go back for seconds. And of course, being that we went to the W. Hollywood location, there was a plethora of men wearing no shirts and/or tank tops holding hands. In fact the 2 guys caressing each other in line in front of me were both sporting wife beaters and multiple tattoos.

And you gotta love the parking signs that take about 10 minutes to read. Oh, I miss living in LA. :) We just don't get those signs in the burbs. (or the parking tickets)

5 comments:

Jessica said...

love the signs...It makes me nervous just seeing those. I think I would pass out driving in a big city. We are going to be out your way..(well, sort of ) a week from today. My sister lives in San Diego, and we are going to spend the week spending time with her, and playing at the beach. I am so excited!

Amy said...

Hey amy - I have never heard of pinkerberry. Sounds good and sounds like you were provided with entertainment while in line!

Emily said...

I haven't heard of Pinkberry either.. but it probably doesn't help that we live in the middle of nowhere:) I guess we'll have to try it the next time we are at Mom's.

lys said...

I won't hold my breath on that coming to Utah anytime soon. . .

Mommymita said...

Hey Amy- I'm blogging again! Paul and I loved Pinkberry when we went to LA in early May. Its weird they wouldn't let us take a picture though and I even had to put my camera back in the car... love the concept though. By the time it hits Utah it may not taste as good. I have been experimenting and actually came close with my homemade yogurt and a rock salt ice cream recipe I found in the Friend for FHE.
Alo stood in line for 40 mins for sprinkles cupcakes....SO overated!