Wednesday, March 7, 2007

I knew I should have never done it


Every time I look into the mirror I want to scream. Up until last year I had "virgin" hair, meaning that I had never colored it. Pretty much I have had the same "hairstyle" for many many years if you can call it that. I am just not that into hair, or makeup for that matter. Case in point: After my cousin cut my hair crooked in college, poor Julianne had to beg me to go to a real salon to fix it. It didn't bother me because the crooked part was in the back and I couldn't see it but apparently it must have been pretty bad. Anyway, last year my hairstylist friend Mandy convinced me to highlight my hair just to see if I liked it. For some random reason I decided to do it. Now I'm stuck. Either I have to keep on doing it or it looks really really scary. I have to admit that I do like the highlights, I just have poor follow through skills and I let too much come in the way before getting it done. Well it's been almost 5 months now since my last haircut/highlighting event and I really need an appointment. Please Mandy make me look normal again. It's like I have ring around the collar, only it's ring around the hair.
I tried to take some pictures of the scary hair to post but they didn't turn out so well and Mike is not here right now so this is all you get.

9 comments:

Helen said...

Ohhhh I hear ya on the being stuck part. I tried to get mine back to natural so I never had to dye it again...but it will never work...Have Mandy dye more of your natural back in, maybe you can go longer that way.

rebecca said...

Me too Amy. It is all Mandy's fault.

I want to see a close up of that pic of you and Julia. So cute!

rebecca said...

p.s. I haven't noticed your roots, so I think it's not that bad. If you want to grow it out and go back to virgin-esque hair, you're already 5 months in so you should just keep going. Maybe Mandy could dye your highlights to more closely match your naural color during the painful growing out stage?

Amy said...

I understand the hair issue. I'm stuck too. I have the "ring around the collar" more than not - oh well. I'm too cheap to do it as often as i'm supposed to. Besides a LONG time ago i heard it was "in" to have your roots show. Not sure if it's true or was true but i keep pretending that it is true and act as though I'm totally "in"!!

Emily said...

Aim, I hate maintaining haircolor, too. I do mine at home, and pretend it's not really a bad color job.

Cute picture of you and Julia. Your house looks great! Are you the gardener?

Melissa C. said...

You are so funny Amy. Seriously, it doesn't look half as bad as you make it sound. I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out at playgroup the other day. I agree with Rebecca, if you want to grow it out, you're already part way there. But it is really cute highlighted...

Kate said...

Welcome to the world of hair entrapment. But look at that hair sheen in your picture! I empathize with your hair woes. I have been thinking of doing a reverse weave. I don't like being a slave to my highlighted hair.

Kate said...

What's hard is the fact that your hair comes in a darker shade after being pregnant and giving birth, so you don't feel like yourself. What to do. ?

lys said...

Oh Amy, you are just so HIGH MAINTENANCE! ;)

I had to laugh about Emily's comment. Are you going to confess that your mom did all the gardening?