Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Thanks Friends


It has been a long time since I have last posted. This has been due to a very sick little newborn baby. Blake couldn't stop kissing her and being that he had a goopy nose, he transferred his sickness to her and kazaam she ended up with bronchilitis, double ear infections, and constant barfing, all at the ripe old age of 2 weeks. We visited the doctor 4 days last week. I am happy to report that she is doing better and regaining all the weight she lost. I was pretty much a basket case all week last week.
Anyway, this experience reminded me just how grateful I am for good friends and family who truly care. I was overcome with emotion by the kindness of those around me. I have been the recipient of many acts of kindness since she was born.
THANK YOU TO:
My mother who stayed with us for a week after she was born and did everything under the sun to help us including planting pansies in the front yard.
My sister who watched Blake on several occasions and always lends a listening ear. My friend who watched Julia at the visitor's center so we could attend a special 50th anniversary commemoration at the temple on Saturday.
My friend who took Blake in during the middle of the night on our way to the hospital the night she was born and then did tons to help afterwards. And I mean tons!
The many people in my ward who brought yummy meals over after she was born.
The friends who have called, and those who have stopped by to see us.
My sister who is so busy and lives on a different continent who took the time to call to see how Julia was doing.
And most of all my husband, the greatest man I know and the best husband and friend in the whole world.
Thank you to all of you who make such a big difference in my life. You may think it was just a small thing you did, but I truly appreciate your unselfishness. I am so thankful for good friends and family.
And of course I can't resist posting a picture of my little JuJu.

6 comments:

Suzie Petunia said...

Oh, Amy! I am so sorry you had to go through all of that with a newborn. That is very scary. And you must have been so tired and trying to adjust to having 2 -- all at once! Is she all better? I'm glad you have so many friends and family around to support you. What a huge difference that makes! Julia is such a cute baby! Give her (germ-free) kisses from me!

lys said...

I am positive that all the people you thanked were more than happy to do something for you. You are always doing things for others and I know that people probably jumped at the chance to serve you.

I'm so glad Julia is doing better. She is so darn cute. I just can't wait to see her. Kisses from me too!

Kate said...

So sorry to hear this Amy! I wish I could have been of help last week. I came home from my girl's wkend to find my children throwing up and then my babies had the rotovirus- awful! It's so sad and scary to see your babies so sick, especially with how small Julia is. Glad she's better. She's so cute! I'm going to call you right now.

pepper said...

Amy, I am so sad you had to deal with a sick infant. You must be exhausted. I am glad there are people around to help take care of you and your family. Get better quickly!

Amy said...

Amy I can't believe it! Poor little Julia and poor you. I am sure it was a rough week or so. I hope you are all doing well now. Julia is so cute! I love the picture.

rebecca said...

I'm so happy to know she's doing better, and it was fun to see her at church today. Her dress is so cute. You are beyond talented.

And on the "thanks friends" topic - you are usually the one giving, giving, giving. You're easy to love, Amy!