Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cheese Glorious Cheese




It's no secret that I love cheese. Havarti, gorgonzola, muenster, provolone, jalapeno jack, fontina, asiago, cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan, romano, gouda, goat cheese, cream cheese, blue cheese, queso fresco, warm brie with pears, melted cheese, sliced cheese, shredded cheese.......yum yum yum. What could be better than cheese????? On any given day I have several types of cheese just waiting for me in my fridge. Sorry but I could never be a vegan because I don't think soy cheese would do it for me.




However, there is one type of cheese that I generally avoid, FETA. I've always thought of it as being way too dry, salty and just kind of bitter. Really I could do without it. Now I'll get to my point. A few weeks ago I was at my Mom's and she pulled out a small box of feta cheese to put on top of our salad. I kind of groaned but she promised me that this was GOOD. She had purchased it at her local international market on recommendation from the owner. Ow wow, she was right. This is the best feta I have EVER eaten and has totally changed my mind about feta cheese. It has a very creamy(not dry) consistency, kind of similar to goat cheese that just melts in your mouth.




Today I almost peed my pants with excitement when I saw the same brand at our local produce market. Thank you Valley Produce for making all my cheese dreams come true.




You have to try this cheese.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Hmm, the packaging is not selling me, but you know what is? You peeing your pants over it. Perfect!

Tiffany said...

I can't believe you don't like feta, I love feta. Can't wait to try this one.

pepper said...

"I almost peed my pants with excitement" made me (and Michael) laugh out loud. I'll remember your love of cheese next time you are down for dinner. I think we need to set something up soon, especially since it takes us several months to find a date that works for everyone...

Nicole said...

You crack me up! If I ever need cheese in a pinch, you're the call I'll call to borrow from!

Suzie Petunia said...

Oh, Amy! You are so funny! I MUST find this cheese!