Sunday, August 7, 2011

Good Bye





"Parting is such sweet sorrow" Romeo and Juliet



It has taken me a few weeks to post about this because I get sad even thinking about it. My oldest sister Carol and her family moved to Peru 2 weeks ago. For the past 25 years they have lived in San Diego and I have always enjoyed spending time down there with them. It was wonderful to live somewhat near them when I returned to LA to attend grad school 12 years ago. I am thankful for their support, example and love then and now. How lucky I feel to have such a wonderful sister.



We had a family dinner and gathering at my brother's place before they left to honor them. It felt like heaven being with all those whom I love and who love me. Although my kids were the youngest cousins there by far they were showered with love and attention by their cool older cousins.


I know they will do wonderful things in Peru and I take comfort that my loss is somebody else's gain......but I will miss them.


1 comment:

Emily said...

Sad, Amy! I know how much you love her. What are they doing in Peru?