Thursday, August 18, 2011

Brain Candy



I recently read a new book called The Warmth of Other Suns. As a mother of 3 small children I spend a lot of time dealing with little people. Needless to say it is quite refreshing to me to read something so intellectually stimulating. Like candy for my brain. Or I guess it would really be more like a good hearty meal for my brain but you get the idea.

If you read The Help and want to know more about life for African Americans in the Jim Crow South and why so many of them left in search of.......well as the title suggests the warmth of other suns, read this book. I really had no idea just HOW horrible conditions were. Definitely eye opening, educational, thought provoking and very inspirational.

Seriously this book hits my top ten list of favorite books.

No comments: