Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Kindergarten is for little kids.



When Blake finished his last day of school a few weeks back he very proudly announced that he was no longer a kindergartener. "I'm in first grade now" is what we heard a million times during the first week of summer break.



I really could not have asked for a more amazing, talented, kind and just generally wonderful teacher for Blake. Everytime I volunteered in the classroom I was blown away by how great she was with the kids. Thank you thank thank you Mrs. Walker!!!!!! I wish she could be Blake's 1st grade teacher but alas, I'll just cross my fingers that Julia gets her next year. Wow, I can't believe how quickly the school year flew by. Pretty soon he'll be going off to college.....well not that soon.



3 comments:

rebecca said...

Mrs. Walker really is amazingly patient. Hopefully she's still around for your other kids.

Wow, off to first grade. Let the homework begin. Time flies and flies. Sadly he will be off to college way too soon.

amy stansel said...

I can't believe blake is a first grader!! And the 30 hours of no kids....dreamy!!

Cybele said...

She (Mrs. Walker) is awesome! I hope I'll get a chance to see Blake around but I'll definitely see your little girl. I'm scheduled to be with the kinders again...which I LOVE!