Sunday, June 12, 2011

30 hours of freedom

30 hours of kid free fun this weekend with this cute guy. We had a great time. On Firday night we enjoyed going to the temple, eating at one of our oldtime favorite Thai restaurants from our dating days. And then my ultimate dream of riding the ferris wheel at the Santa Monica Pierwas finally realized. (hmmm sometimes I wonder if I am a small child) I have wanted to ride that thing FOREVER and I finally got to.

This is us on the ferris wheel. I could hardly contain my excitement. I only wish I had a picture of our view, but alas my camera is really really lame.


Eating my favorite treat in the world, Pinkberry.



Lemon pancakes made with love by Mike.




Mountain biking in beautiful Cheseboro park. I probably exclaimed at least 500 times how beautiful the wild flowers were. It's that time of year.










And finally we topped it off with dinner at the local Indian restaurant. After 30 hours of fun we returned to real life. Thanks Rebecca and Dave for making this possible. I'm sure it wasn't really that fun having children ages 9,8,7,6,5,4,3 and 2 all weekend. :) But most importantly thanks to wonderful Mike for always being my loving partner in every adventure from crazy dates to crazy children!!!!

8 comments:

rebecca said...

Awwww . . . you guys are great. I can feel the love from here. Hey, it was worth it. Let's do it again sometime.

Note to Amy's readers - What Amy didn't mention is that she watched my youngest kids a few weeks ago for 30 hours so she had six kids ages 7,6,5,4,3,2 which is pretty much the same thing. Crazy is crazy. :)

lys said...

I can't imagine 30 hours away. Wow!

Are you wearing your Daihme-Miller (sp?) jacket in the Pinkberry pic? :)

AmyJune said...

Lys-of course.

Nicole said...

You look adorable - LOVE the jacket - and I'm glad you had a great time! Your anticipation of the weekend was fun to watch. Yay for good friends that are willing to take on kids!

Emily said...

I would love 30 hours away, hey I would love 3 hours away!:)

hapi said...

Hi AmyJune, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

What a great weekend! I hope you can have many more like that!

raybanwayfareroutlet said...

ray bans wayfarer are great for all people

ray ban outlet sunglasses wholesale cheap

ray ban wayfarer are fashion for you at this summber

ray bans Aviator is welcomed by young people

ray ban wayfarers are cheap in perfect quality.