Monday, January 18, 2010

Thanks for the reminder







Yesterday after church a friend who has children that are grown and gone approached us and told us that he had been watching our little family all through the meeting and wanted us to know how cute and sweet he thought they all were. He told us that this is the best time of our lives and to savor every moment of that sweet innocence of childhood when our kids think that we are the best and know everything.



My first reaction was to almost laugh because we had been wrestling with them for the extra long 2 hour meeting and I felt like they were disruptive and loud.



But then I got home and realized that he was right. I have everything I have ever wanted and our children, who challenge all my skills of patience and endurance, are sweet and beautiful and say the cutest things and give us the greatest sense of love and joy.



So here's to batman capes, tutus, slobbery kisses, kissable cheeks, messy diapers, messy rooms, mismatched outfits, "flying wings", "pretty things" and those beautiful blue, green and brown eyes.