Sunday, August 10, 2008

Surprise Getaway

Mike surprised me this weekend by taking me on a 24 hour getaway for our 5th anniversary. It was so much fun, and at the end of it all, I wanted to hit the rewind button so we could enjoy it all over again. The best part about it was that I was truly SURPRISED. Ever since I was little, I have always managed to find out about surprises before they actually happen, and I have to say that I really knew NOTHING about this. I came home from a run on Friday evening to flowers and Mike telling me to take a shower and pack my bags. He had safely deposited our kids with our friends and handed me tickets to see Les Miserables at the Hollywood Bowl. I love the Hollywood Bowl, and I love Les Mis!!!

We spent the night at the Hilton in Downtown LA which is an amazing hotel. We even went swimming in the rooftop pool/spa at 1am. It was such an awesome view from way up there.

We spent the next day wandering around downtown LA, eating cupcakes from Sprinkles Bakery, and going to the temple. So Happy 5th Birthday to our family and thanks Mike for a wonderful life and weekend!!!!!!

18 comments:

rebecca said...

What cute little cupcakes. I'm so glad you were actually surprised! Mike did a great job. Happy FIVE years! You're practically newlyweds! :D

Sarah said...

FUN ! How great that you were totally oblivious to all he had in store. What a great and thoughtful hubby. Surprises are the BEST ! Glad you had a great time out for yourselves.:0)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, Rebecca & Dave, for adding our 2 kiddies to your clan for 24 hours. You were great accomplices to my plan and helped me pull it off!

Emily said...

What a fun surprise! Very impressive Mike:)

Ashley said...

Woo hoo Mike! These Adams' boys never cease to amaze do they? Happy Anniversary guys. We love ya!

Suzie Petunia said...

What a perfect surprise! It sounds wonderful. Would someone please arrange for my husband to surprise me with a similar gift? :)

Happy Anniversary! Was it really 5 years ago?? Wow!

Jenni said...

How fun! What a great way to spend your anniversary. Next ward temple night you might just have to show us Sprinkles is. I've always wanted to check it out.

Jill said...

What a guy! You should definately keep him!

rebecca said...

Any, any time. They're the missing links in our family. We don't have a 1 or a 3 year old! :) We like them around here.

Laura said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great hubby!

nikki said...

Way to go Mike! Happy Anniversary! It's coolyou guys went to the temple, where you started 5 years ago!

amy stansel said...

amy i'm glad you guys had fun get away. That was so nice of mike to plan that. What a nice surprise. Fun to talk on the phone the other night. We miss you guys!

Stacie said...

Happy Anniversary! What a fun suprise!

Helen said...

Happy Anniversary! Fun!

lys said...

Happy Anniversary! Mike is such a sweetheart! I'll have to show this post to Jason. . .

Nicole said...

What a great guy you have there! Surprises like that are the best! Happy Anniversary to you!
p.s.- how were those cupcakes? I've heard about them plenty, but never had one. Yum!

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

Happy Anniversary! And how great that you were actually surprised! I always find out about Bob's surprises... it takes a lot of planning to pull off special events and surprises! How fun!

Kate said...

I'll vouch for you being surprised! You were my ride that was wisked away. :) I wondered how your getaway went. Happy 5 year!