Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Espana

Spain was simply amazing!!! I've been dragging my feet on posting about our trip because I just don't even know where to begin. We had a great time and there was so much to see. Here are some of the highlights. La Boqueria- One can find ANYTHING in the world at this fascinating semi-enclosed food market in Barcelona.

Parc Guell- Barcelona- I think this was my absolute most favorite thing in Spain. A gigantic park designed by master architect Gaudi. Mosaics galore.


Churros con chocolate with Andy and Amy.



Roman Aqueducts- Segovia Can you believe that this was made about 1800 years ago?
Paella- sooooo good!!!


Another beautiful residence- Segovia- Everyone puts flowers on their balconies. entry ways, etc etc.

Alcazar- Segovia This was an awesome castle.

John Edwards -Madrid - We were walking down the street when Mike noticed none but the famous and failed presidential candidate John Edwards. I was so excited to get a picture with him. (but why did I have to be wearing that travel shirt borrowed from Jean on that day?)

Old man-Toledo - Old men and women get all dressed up in Spain and they are so cute.


Bull Fight-Madrid- Sorry PETA people but we did go to a bullfight which was fascinating and horrifying all at the same time.

Apartment-Seville- We scored big with this apt. rental for 2 nights. We had an awesome apt. to ourselves complete with washer and dryer for the same price as a dumpy hotel.

Plaza Espanol-Seville- I loved the tiled bridge



Brightly colored building-Seville Isn't that beautiful?



Man in Pink- Seville- I have never seen so many men in pink. The men in Spain love to wear pink. MIke still refuses to wear it.

Seville-Yummy dinner of fried fish and gazpacho soup right on the river.



Another tiled entryway-Seville- not a flattering picture of me but check out that awesome tile job. I'm cookcoo over tile.
Narrow alley-Seville- Watch out for cars-no joke!!!!

Well that's it folks. I have about a million pictures but I didn't want to bore you all.

I highly recommend a trip to Spain.

7 comments:

Helen said...

AWESOME! Seriously post 1 million pictures and I don't think I could get bored. It looks beautiful! I want to live in that brightly colored building. Spain is one of my places I want to see.

And yay for Mike for refusing to wear pink!

Mar said...

Fabulous. looks like you had a great time - and some "star-sightings", too! hope you are well and the kiddos did well in your absence. marianne

Mommymita said...

I'm so jealous! I told Paul I might need another "recovery trip" after this baby. I love Spain.

The Churros look delicious as do the animal parts- just kidding.

We never actually made it out of Catalunya but the other places look fun too.

I want to hear about the shopping sometime also.

Emily said...

It looks like you had an amazing trip! And that you had a lot of fun as well. What fun to know that you rubbed elbows with the $400 haircut ex-presidential candidate:)

Amy said...

Amy didn't you have fun posting this?!?!? I LOVED going to spain with you guys. I miss seeing you on a daily basis. That was too good to be true!! Did you notice i put the mounting park in my blog?!?!?! It looks so pretty from a distance!!! ha!

Nicole said...

All I can say is... WOW! I'm so excited for you to have this opportunity!

Melissa C. said...

I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to go to Spain. Maybe someday...